Cannelloni style stuffed courgette with spinach and ricotta.
This is a perfect summer outdoor dish, which is actually very simple and quick to make but looks pretty special!
1 egg yolk
1 Lemon zest
1/4 lemon juice
Sea Salt and black pepper
1/4 nutmeg (finely grated)
1 garlic clove (finely chopped) or I used some roasted garlic paste
400g pasta tomato base sauce ( or I used some left over ratatouille blitzed)
1. Using a veg peeler, make wide ribbons out of your courgettes and set aside.
2. Make the stuffing. In a dry pan, wilt the spinach, rinse under cold water and squeeze out most of the liquid. Place in a bowl and snip up with scissors. Add ricotta, egg yolk, lemon rind, lemon juice, nutmeg, garlic, chives finely cut with scissors too, plenty of salt and pepper. Mix together.
3. Spread out the tomato base in an oven proof dish.
4. Line up and overlap 5 or 6 courgette strips. Place the spinach and ricotta mixed in the middle. Roll up into a cannelloni shape. Place into the oven proof dish on top of the sauce. Repeat 6 to 8 times.
5. Drizzle over olive oil. Season generously again. Tear over the mozzarella, finely grate over Parmesan. Oven bake at 180 for 25 mins. Serve with green saladBack to All Recipe Articles